Dal Khalsa demands `exemplary` punishment for rape accused
Amritsar: Radical Sikh group Dal Khalsa on Saturday condoled the death of the young woman who was gang-raped in Delhi and demanded "exemplary" punishment for the accused.
"All members of my group join me in mourning the demise of the 23-year-old woman who was gang-raped in Delhi," party head HS Dhami said.
He demanded that the accused be handed "exemplary" punishment so that "no one could dare to think of doing such a ghastly and barbaric act against women in the future."
The group was also "deeply moved" by the suicide of a gang-rape victim due to alleged delay in action against the accused.
"We are deeply moved by another shameful incident of rape of Patiala girl, who committed suicide because of inaction of the local police against the rapists and express our grief and condolences to her family members," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17