Dal Khalsa demands `exemplary` punishment for rape accused
Amritsar: Radical Sikh group Dal Khalsa on Saturday condoled the death of the young woman who was gang-raped in Delhi and demanded "exemplary" punishment for the accused.
"All members of my group join me in mourning the demise of the 23-year-old woman who was gang-raped in Delhi," party head HS Dhami said.
He demanded that the accused be handed "exemplary" punishment so that "no one could dare to think of doing such a ghastly and barbaric act against women in the future."
The group was also "deeply moved" by the suicide of a gang-rape victim due to alleged delay in action against the accused.
"We are deeply moved by another shameful incident of rape of Patiala girl, who committed suicide because of inaction of the local police against the rapists and express our grief and condolences to her family members," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon