Dal Khalsa demands `exemplary` punishment for rape accused
Amritsar: Radical Sikh group Dal Khalsa on Saturday condoled the death of the young woman who was gang-raped in Delhi and demanded "exemplary" punishment for the accused.
"All members of my group join me in mourning the demise of the 23-year-old woman who was gang-raped in Delhi," party head HS Dhami said.
He demanded that the accused be handed "exemplary" punishment so that "no one could dare to think of doing such a ghastly and barbaric act against women in the future."
The group was also "deeply moved" by the suicide of a gang-rape victim due to alleged delay in action against the accused.
"We are deeply moved by another shameful incident of rape of Patiala girl, who committed suicide because of inaction of the local police against the rapists and express our grief and condolences to her family members," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'