Dal Khalsa demands `exemplary` punishment for rape accused
Amritsar: Radical Sikh group Dal Khalsa on Saturday condoled the death of the young woman who was gang-raped in Delhi and demanded "exemplary" punishment for the accused.
"All members of my group join me in mourning the demise of the 23-year-old woman who was gang-raped in Delhi," party head HS Dhami said.
He demanded that the accused be handed "exemplary" punishment so that "no one could dare to think of doing such a ghastly and barbaric act against women in the future."
The group was also "deeply moved" by the suicide of a gang-rape victim due to alleged delay in action against the accused.
"We are deeply moved by another shameful incident of rape of Patiala girl, who committed suicide because of inaction of the local police against the rapists and express our grief and condolences to her family members," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic