Dal Khalsa demands `exemplary` punishment for rape accused
Amritsar: Radical Sikh group Dal Khalsa on Saturday condoled the death of the young woman who was gang-raped in Delhi and demanded "exemplary" punishment for the accused.
"All members of my group join me in mourning the demise of the 23-year-old woman who was gang-raped in Delhi," party head HS Dhami said.
He demanded that the accused be handed "exemplary" punishment so that "no one could dare to think of doing such a ghastly and barbaric act against women in the future."
The group was also "deeply moved" by the suicide of a gang-rape victim due to alleged delay in action against the accused.
"We are deeply moved by another shameful incident of rape of Patiala girl, who committed suicide because of inaction of the local police against the rapists and express our grief and condolences to her family members," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey