Dal Khalsa demands Geelani`s release
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa Monday termed separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani`s house arrest in New Delhi as "illegal and unjust" and demanded his immediate release.
Hurriyat chairman Geelani is under house arrest ever since the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru on February 9.
Taking a dig at civil society and human rights activists for their stoic silence on the issue, party head H S Dhami said the government has stooped too low to gag the voice of Kashmiri people.
He urged UNHRC, Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch officials to intervene and take stock of the ground situation vis-a-vis rights violations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days