Dal Khalsa demands Geelani`s release
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa Monday termed separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani`s house arrest in New Delhi as "illegal and unjust" and demanded his immediate release.
Hurriyat chairman Geelani is under house arrest ever since the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru on February 9.
Taking a dig at civil society and human rights activists for their stoic silence on the issue, party head H S Dhami said the government has stooped too low to gag the voice of Kashmiri people.
He urged UNHRC, Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch officials to intervene and take stock of the ground situation vis-a-vis rights violations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa