Dal Khalsa demands Geelani`s release
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa Monday termed separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani`s house arrest in New Delhi as "illegal and unjust" and demanded his immediate release.
Hurriyat chairman Geelani is under house arrest ever since the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru on February 9.
Taking a dig at civil society and human rights activists for their stoic silence on the issue, party head H S Dhami said the government has stooped too low to gag the voice of Kashmiri people.
He urged UNHRC, Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch officials to intervene and take stock of the ground situation vis-a-vis rights violations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter