Dal Khalsa flays political parties averse to martyrs memorial
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa on Thursday criticised all the politicians who have described raising of the memorial in Golden Temple complex as a "threat to peace".
"The bogey of threat to peace is being raised by vested interests, by those very sections that were instrumental in stoking fire in the state in the early 1980s, Dal Khalsa spokesperson Kanwar Pal Singh said.
"They are again hurting Sikh sentiments by unnecessarily interfering in their core Panthic affairs," he said.
Describing the memorial as a "humble effort by the community to pay respect to those who laid down their lives for the sake of the Panth", he said it was incomprehensible as to how it would disturb peace as being claimed by parties like Congress and BJP.
He accused state Congress Chief Amarinder Singh, who has opposed the memorial as it seeks to "glorify terrorists", of resorting to opportunistic politics to defend his "masters` brutal act".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill