Dal Khalsa opposes reservation for Jat Sikhs
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa today urged Akal Takhat - top temporal seat of Sikhs - to summon Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) president Sukhbir Singh Badal for allegedly seeking reservation for Jat Sikhs.
The Dal Khalsa urged Akal Takhat head Gurbachan Singh to seek Sukhbir`s explanation for his party`s "unprincipled stand" on reservation for Jat Sikhs in the OBC category.
The organisation advocated that the reservation should be based upon economic criteria rather than caste, party head H S Dhami said in a statement here.
Both the SAD and opposition Congress had sought inclusion of Jat Sikhs in the category of OBC after the Centre included Jats from Haryana in the OBC list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state