Dal Khalsa opposes reservation for Jat Sikhs
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa today urged Akal Takhat - top temporal seat of Sikhs - to summon Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) president Sukhbir Singh Badal for allegedly seeking reservation for Jat Sikhs.
The Dal Khalsa urged Akal Takhat head Gurbachan Singh to seek Sukhbir`s explanation for his party`s "unprincipled stand" on reservation for Jat Sikhs in the OBC category.
The organisation advocated that the reservation should be based upon economic criteria rather than caste, party head H S Dhami said in a statement here.
Both the SAD and opposition Congress had sought inclusion of Jat Sikhs in the category of OBC after the Centre included Jats from Haryana in the OBC list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What a journey! Watch video that introduced US President Barack Obama at Democratic National Convention
- No newspapers, television for Arvind Kejriwal for 12 days in August - Know why
- Flood wrecks havoc in Bihar, Assam; more than 40 dead, lakhs affected
- Houthi rebels form Supreme Council to govern Yemen
- Boy George 'devastated' over friend's suicide