Dal Khalsa opposes reservation for Jat Sikhs
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa today urged Akal Takhat - top temporal seat of Sikhs - to summon Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) president Sukhbir Singh Badal for allegedly seeking reservation for Jat Sikhs.
The Dal Khalsa urged Akal Takhat head Gurbachan Singh to seek Sukhbir`s explanation for his party`s "unprincipled stand" on reservation for Jat Sikhs in the OBC category.
The organisation advocated that the reservation should be based upon economic criteria rather than caste, party head H S Dhami said in a statement here.
Both the SAD and opposition Congress had sought inclusion of Jat Sikhs in the category of OBC after the Centre included Jats from Haryana in the OBC list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!