Dal Khalsa opposes SAD ticket to former SSP`s wife
Amritsar: Angry over ruling Akali Dal fielding
wife of former SSP Izhar Alam from Malerkotla, radical Sikh
organization Dal Khalsa accused Badals of rubbing salt on the
wounds of aggrieved Sikhs, who had borne the brunt of Alam`s
"repressive" stint as city police chief.
Dal head H S Dhami said despite Panthic outcry, Badals
have shamefully added another blot on the image of the Akali
Dal, by accommodating the person who inflicted atrocities on
Sikh youth in the party rank and allowing him to contest by
Expressing satisfaction that Congress has snubbed alleged
notorious cop SS Virk by refusing him the Dasuya ticket, he
said there`s role reversal.
"Congress that is responsible for Sikh genocide has
shunned bad cop Virk, while Akali Dal that claims to have
fought against state repression has given political space to
lawbreaker Alam in its lap".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends