Dal Khalsa threatens to stage sit-in in Golden Temple
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa
on Sunday said it would stage a sit-in in the Golden Temple here
if the SGPC did not take any initiative to build memorials of
militants killed during the Operation Blue Star by June one.
The SGPC had passed a resolution in February 2002 to
build memorials of the slain militants.
"If the SGPC fails to take any initiative by June one
on building memorials, we will be left with no option but to
stage a sit-in in the Golden Temple for 72 hours beginning
June three," Dal Khalsa head H S Dhami said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY