Dal Khalsa writes to Badal over Jaspal killing
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa has written a letter to the Punjab Government protesting the "inept" handling of the the death case of engineering student Jaspal Singh, who was killed in alleged police firing during a clash at Gurdaspur town.
In its letter to Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal, the outfit alleged that "the Gurdaspur administration backed by the BJP and over-confident police force was not allowing the law to take its own course into the killing of Jaspal."
Jaspal, student of Beant College of Engineering, died after he was hit by a bullet allegedly fired by police while he was participating in a demonstration against Shiv Sanik during Punjab Bandh at Gurdaspur town on March 29.
"Since that fateful day, Jaspal`s aggrieved parents have been running from pillar to post to seek justice for their son but to no avail," the outfit`s political secretary Kanwar Pal Singh said in the letter.
"Despite widespread Sikh protests against denial of justice, things have been allowed to come to a pass," the outfit said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Bombay HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- Punjab court rejects bail plea of Delhi AAP MLA
- LeT 'Ameer' led funeral procession of Burhan Wani, says Hafiz Saeed
- Strike of auto and taxi unions against app-based cab services in Delhi ends
- Bihar flood toll rises to 22; 17 lakh people in 10 districts affected