Danish student molested by autorickshaw driver, leaves country
Amritsar: A 25-year-old Danish research scholar has been allegedly molested by an autorickshaw driver outside railway station here.
The driver, who had molested the woman on Friday night and tore her clothes apart when she came out of the station, was arrested yesterday, police said.
The Danish national today left the country "in a state of shock", a police official said.
"The accused, Vicky Kumar, is a resident of city`s Islamabad locality," ASI Deepak Kumar said.
The woman had reached the city on Friday night for a research project. When she came out of the railway station she was attacked by the driver, who also tore her clothes, police said.
Police said that the foreign national raised an alarm and hit the man after which he fled from the scene.
A case was registered next morning.
"The victim came to stay here for a few weeks for a research project regarding different religions," the SI said.
The victim, however, has left for Denmark early this morning and the police provided her with a copy of the FIR to report to the Denmark Embassy in Delhi, he said.
"She appeared to be in a state of shock and will probably need to be counselled," he said.
The accused has a past history of teasing women visitors in the city, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday