Dasuya by-election "completely rigged": Amarinder
Chandigarh: Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee president Amarinder Singh on Saturday alleged the Dasuya Assembly bypoll, in which the BJP candidate emerged victorious, was "completely rigged" and ruling SAD-BJP alliance had not only resorted to blatant abuse of power.
Amarinder charged the "unrealistic victory margin is enough testimony as how much the elections were rigged" by the ruling alliance the same way as they had done during the corporation elections last month.
The PCC President alleged the "huge" gap between the BJP and the Congress candidate is indicative of how the Akali-BJP alliance "abused its power in a brute manner".
"It is no endorsement of the performance of the (SAD-BJP) government but only betrays its desperation and nervousness that it had to rig the elections for the victory", Amarinder claimed.
BJP`s Sukhjit Kaur won the Dasuya bypoll held on July 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`
- Curfew, restrictions continue for 48th day in Kashmir