Dasuya by-election "completely rigged": Amarinder
Chandigarh: Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee president Amarinder Singh on Saturday alleged the Dasuya Assembly bypoll, in which the BJP candidate emerged victorious, was "completely rigged" and ruling SAD-BJP alliance had not only resorted to blatant abuse of power.
Amarinder charged the "unrealistic victory margin is enough testimony as how much the elections were rigged" by the ruling alliance the same way as they had done during the corporation elections last month.
The PCC President alleged the "huge" gap between the BJP and the Congress candidate is indicative of how the Akali-BJP alliance "abused its power in a brute manner".
"It is no endorsement of the performance of the (SAD-BJP) government but only betrays its desperation and nervousness that it had to rig the elections for the victory", Amarinder claimed.
BJP`s Sukhjit Kaur won the Dasuya bypoll held on July 11.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended