Dasuya by-election "completely rigged": Amarinder
Chandigarh: Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee president Amarinder Singh on Saturday alleged the Dasuya Assembly bypoll, in which the BJP candidate emerged victorious, was "completely rigged" and ruling SAD-BJP alliance had not only resorted to blatant abuse of power.
Amarinder charged the "unrealistic victory margin is enough testimony as how much the elections were rigged" by the ruling alliance the same way as they had done during the corporation elections last month.
The PCC President alleged the "huge" gap between the BJP and the Congress candidate is indicative of how the Akali-BJP alliance "abused its power in a brute manner".
"It is no endorsement of the performance of the (SAD-BJP) government but only betrays its desperation and nervousness that it had to rig the elections for the victory", Amarinder claimed.
BJP`s Sukhjit Kaur won the Dasuya bypoll held on July 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez