Dasuya by-election "completely rigged": Amarinder
Chandigarh: Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee president Amarinder Singh on Saturday alleged the Dasuya Assembly bypoll, in which the BJP candidate emerged victorious, was "completely rigged" and ruling SAD-BJP alliance had not only resorted to blatant abuse of power.
Amarinder charged the "unrealistic victory margin is enough testimony as how much the elections were rigged" by the ruling alliance the same way as they had done during the corporation elections last month.
The PCC President alleged the "huge" gap between the BJP and the Congress candidate is indicative of how the Akali-BJP alliance "abused its power in a brute manner".
"It is no endorsement of the performance of the (SAD-BJP) government but only betrays its desperation and nervousness that it had to rig the elections for the victory", Amarinder claimed.
BJP`s Sukhjit Kaur won the Dasuya bypoll held on July 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends