Dasuya by-election "completely rigged": Amarinder
Chandigarh: Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee president Amarinder Singh on Saturday alleged the Dasuya Assembly bypoll, in which the BJP candidate emerged victorious, was "completely rigged" and ruling SAD-BJP alliance had not only resorted to blatant abuse of power.
Amarinder charged the "unrealistic victory margin is enough testimony as how much the elections were rigged" by the ruling alliance the same way as they had done during the corporation elections last month.
The PCC President alleged the "huge" gap between the BJP and the Congress candidate is indicative of how the Akali-BJP alliance "abused its power in a brute manner".
"It is no endorsement of the performance of the (SAD-BJP) government but only betrays its desperation and nervousness that it had to rig the elections for the victory", Amarinder claimed.
BJP`s Sukhjit Kaur won the Dasuya bypoll held on July 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi