Dasuya bypoll in Punjab on July 11
New Delhi: The bye-elections to Dasuya assembly constituency in Punjab would be held on July 11, the Election Commission announced on Monday.
The seat fell vacant following the demise of sitting BJP MLA from Dasuya Amarjit Singh Sahi on June 3 following a heart attack.
Anouncing the schedule, the EC said the necessary notification for the Dasuya bypoll will issued on June 16, starting the process of nomination filing.
The last date for making nominations will be June 23 and after scrutiny the next day, the last date for withdrawal of candidatures is June 27.
Voting will be held from 8 AM to 5 PM on July 11. Counting of votes will be held on July 14 from 8 AM onwards and the election will be completed by July 16.
The Model Code of Conduct shall come into force with immediate effect in the districts in which the whole or any part of the Assembly Constituency going for bye-election is included, subject to partial modifications issued by the Commission.
The electoral rolls for Dasuya Assembly Constituency have been revised with reference to January 1 as the qualifying date and the Commission will use EVMs in the bye-elections in all the polling stations.
In consonance with the past practice, the Commission has decided that the voter’s identification shall be mandatory in these bypolls at the time of poll and Electoral Photo Identity Cards (EPIC) shall be the main document of identity of a voter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- CBI files four new chargesheets in Vyapam scam
- NCP, Congress to skip PM Narendra Modi's Smart City event in Pune, Shiv Sena undecided
- US stocks drop further; Dow, S&P 500 down 3%
- Expedite efforts for release of kidnapped Indian: PM Modi to Afghan President Ghani
- UEFA Euro 2016 title reachable, says England captain Rooney