Dasuya bypoll in Punjab on July 11
New Delhi: The bye-elections to Dasuya assembly constituency in Punjab would be held on July 11, the Election Commission announced on Monday.
The seat fell vacant following the demise of sitting BJP MLA from Dasuya Amarjit Singh Sahi on June 3 following a heart attack.
Anouncing the schedule, the EC said the necessary notification for the Dasuya bypoll will issued on June 16, starting the process of nomination filing.
The last date for making nominations will be June 23 and after scrutiny the next day, the last date for withdrawal of candidatures is June 27.
Voting will be held from 8 AM to 5 PM on July 11. Counting of votes will be held on July 14 from 8 AM onwards and the election will be completed by July 16.
The Model Code of Conduct shall come into force with immediate effect in the districts in which the whole or any part of the Assembly Constituency going for bye-election is included, subject to partial modifications issued by the Commission.
The electoral rolls for Dasuya Assembly Constituency have been revised with reference to January 1 as the qualifying date and the Commission will use EVMs in the bye-elections in all the polling stations.
In consonance with the past practice, the Commission has decided that the voter’s identification shall be mandatory in these bypolls at the time of poll and Electoral Photo Identity Cards (EPIC) shall be the main document of identity of a voter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM