Dasuya result `last nail in the coffin` of Cong: Sukhbir
Jalandhar: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Saturday termed the Dasuya by-poll result as the "last nail in the coffin" of Congress in the state.
Claiming that the result was an endorsement to the "pro-people" policies of SAD-BJP government, Sukhbir termed the bypoll as a "trailer" of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections when the SAD-BJP would clinch all 13 parliamentary seats in Punjab.
Thanking the voters for reinstating their faith in the alliance by electing its candidate with a record margin, Badal in a statement said the result showed that the Congress was decimated in Punjab.
"It was Captain Amarinder Singh, who declared Dasuya by-election as referendum on SAD-BJP policies and people of Dasuya have given a befitting reply to him," the Shiromani Akali Dal president asserted.
BJP`s Sukhjit Kaur Sahi, wife of late BJP MLA Amarjit Singh Sahi, defeated her nearest Congress rival Micky Dogra in the Dasuya by-election by a record margin of 47432 votes in the results declared today.
The election was necessitated due to the sudden demise of Amarjit Singh Sah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'