DBT scheme aimed at `luring` voters: Harsimrat
Lambi (Punjab): Dubbing the Centre`s ambitious Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme as "political gimmick", Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal on Tuesday said the UPA government wanted to "lure voters" through cash transfer scheme for the next Lok Sabha elections.
"This scheme (DBT) is just a political gimmick of UPA to secure political results in the ensuing Lok Sabha polls but the Congress led UPA Government should understand the fact that voters of country have become wise enough and they can`t be misled through such tactics," Badal said.
The MP from Bathinda said this after holding a `Sangat Darshan` programme at village Tharajwala, Lal bai, Dhaula and Channu in the district.
"Congress led UPA government cannot befool 20 crore poverty stricken voters by starting Direct Cash Transfers at the fag end of its tenure," she said.
The MP alleged that even as the process of making Unique Identity Cards (Aadhaar) was still under process, but the UPA government preferred to roll out DBT "in a hurry" which could not be helpful in the ensuing elections.
She also accused Congress led UPA government of making "paltry" hike in wheat MSP, saying that the move exposed the Centre`s anti-farmers` move.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today