DBT scheme aimed at `luring` voters: Harsimrat
Lambi (Punjab): Dubbing the Centre`s ambitious Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme as "political gimmick", Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal on Tuesday said the UPA government wanted to "lure voters" through cash transfer scheme for the next Lok Sabha elections.
"This scheme (DBT) is just a political gimmick of UPA to secure political results in the ensuing Lok Sabha polls but the Congress led UPA Government should understand the fact that voters of country have become wise enough and they can`t be misled through such tactics," Badal said.
The MP from Bathinda said this after holding a `Sangat Darshan` programme at village Tharajwala, Lal bai, Dhaula and Channu in the district.
"Congress led UPA government cannot befool 20 crore poverty stricken voters by starting Direct Cash Transfers at the fag end of its tenure," she said.
The MP alleged that even as the process of making Unique Identity Cards (Aadhaar) was still under process, but the UPA government preferred to roll out DBT "in a hurry" which could not be helpful in the ensuing elections.
She also accused Congress led UPA government of making "paltry" hike in wheat MSP, saying that the move exposed the Centre`s anti-farmers` move.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bihar: This boy risks his life to save four students from drowning!
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”
- India's bid to join US alliance could irk China, Pakistan: Chinese media
- MUST WATCH: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit two monster sixes out of Florida stadium