DBT scheme aimed at `luring` voters: Harsimrat
Lambi (Punjab): Dubbing the Centre`s ambitious Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme as "political gimmick", Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal on Tuesday said the UPA government wanted to "lure voters" through cash transfer scheme for the next Lok Sabha elections.
"This scheme (DBT) is just a political gimmick of UPA to secure political results in the ensuing Lok Sabha polls but the Congress led UPA Government should understand the fact that voters of country have become wise enough and they can`t be misled through such tactics," Badal said.
The MP from Bathinda said this after holding a `Sangat Darshan` programme at village Tharajwala, Lal bai, Dhaula and Channu in the district.
"Congress led UPA government cannot befool 20 crore poverty stricken voters by starting Direct Cash Transfers at the fag end of its tenure," she said.
The MP alleged that even as the process of making Unique Identity Cards (Aadhaar) was still under process, but the UPA government preferred to roll out DBT "in a hurry" which could not be helpful in the ensuing elections.
She also accused Congress led UPA government of making "paltry" hike in wheat MSP, saying that the move exposed the Centre`s anti-farmers` move.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US