Deaf and dumb Pak prisoner dies of tuberculosis
Amritsar: A deaf and dumb Pakistani prisoner, who was lodged in the Amritsar Central Jail, has died of tuberculosis, a top prison official said here Wednesday.
The 28-year-old Pakistani prisoner, who was admitted to a government hospital on September 29, succumbed to the disease a day later, Jail Superintendent R K Sharma said.
The Pak national, a chronic patient of tuberculosis, was arrested from Ferozepur border area on September 20 in 2007 for entering India without passport and visa, Sharma said.
At the time of his arrest, he was found mentally unstable, the Jail Superintendent said adding his name could not be known as he was deaf and dumb.
The information about his death had been conveyed to the External Affairs ministry and a reply was awaited, the Sharma said.
"After getting directions, his last rites may be performed here according to Muslim traditions or the body may be handed over to Pakistan," he said.
- Solar-powered plane to soar again on round-the-world flight
- India-born Sanjeev Gupta's Liberty House to bid for Tata Steel UK on Tuesday
- Deepika Padukone NOT in Salman Khan film?
- MUST WATCH: BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu's amazing speech on religion in Muslim conference
- SRH vs RCB, IPL 2016: Why David Warner was unhappy with Tabraiz Shamsi’s 'Bus Driver' celebration!