Death toll in hooch rises to 22
Hoshiarpur: With six more deaths since Thursday night, the toll due to hooch in Dasuya sub division of this district today rose to 22.
Police said 13 persons were killed after they consumed spurious liquor at Kahalwan, Gilzian, Kotla, Khokhar and Balran villages in Dasuya sub division on October 27 and October 28.
Three persons who also consumed spurious liquor died at Miani in the same sub division near Tanda on October 25, October 26 and October 27.
Deputy Commissioner Dharam Dutt Ternach said the district administration would bear all the expenses for the treatment of those affected by hooch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?