Debt-ridden farmer commits suicide in Moga
Moga: A debt-ridden farmer allegedly committed suicide after he was pressurised by two commission agents to repay the loan taken from them, police said here Tuesday.
29-year-old Jaswinder Singh of Noorpur Hakima village consumed poison on Monday and died, police said.
The victim`s cousin Jeet Singh complained to police that his brother had taken Rs 40,000 as loan from commission agents Satwinder Kumar and Prem Chand.
The deceased had returned some amount to the commission agents, but they were allegedly pressurizing him to give the entire money along with interest.
The two commission agents have been booked but are evading arrest, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!