Debt-ridden farmer commits suicide in Moga
Moga: A debt-ridden farmer allegedly committed suicide after he was pressurised by two commission agents to repay the loan taken from them, police said here Tuesday.
29-year-old Jaswinder Singh of Noorpur Hakima village consumed poison on Monday and died, police said.
The victim`s cousin Jeet Singh complained to police that his brother had taken Rs 40,000 as loan from commission agents Satwinder Kumar and Prem Chand.
The deceased had returned some amount to the commission agents, but they were allegedly pressurizing him to give the entire money along with interest.
The two commission agents have been booked but are evading arrest, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India