Debt-ridden farmer commits suicide in Moga
Moga: A debt-ridden farmer allegedly committed suicide after he was pressurised by two commission agents to repay the loan taken from them, police said here Tuesday.
29-year-old Jaswinder Singh of Noorpur Hakima village consumed poison on Monday and died, police said.
The victim`s cousin Jeet Singh complained to police that his brother had taken Rs 40,000 as loan from commission agents Satwinder Kumar and Prem Chand.
The deceased had returned some amount to the commission agents, but they were allegedly pressurizing him to give the entire money along with interest.
The two commission agents have been booked but are evading arrest, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report