Delhi blast: Security beefed up across Pun, Har
Chandigarh: Security was strengthened across Punjab, Haryana and their joint capital Chandigarh, in the wake of the blast outside the Delhi High Court on Wednesday.
Vigil had been heightened and an alert sounded in the two states and Union Territory Chandigarh after the blast, officials said.
At places like Gurgaon, Faridabad and other National Capital Region towns falling in Haryana, security was tightened and various check points were set up.
Security was also tightened at crowded public places, including the railway stations and important bus terminals, the officials said.
Meanwhile, Haryana Chief Minister, Bhupinder Singh Hooda, who is currently on a visit to Japan, has strongly condemned the blast.
In a message from Tokyo, the Chief Minister said, such cowardly acts should be condemned by all right thinking people.
He urged the people to exercise restraint and help the administration in effectively dealing with the nefarious designs of anti-social elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video