Delhi blast: Security beefed up across Pun, Har
Chandigarh: Security was strengthened across Punjab, Haryana and their joint capital Chandigarh, in the wake of the blast outside the Delhi High Court on Wednesday.
Vigil had been heightened and an alert sounded in the two states and Union Territory Chandigarh after the blast, officials said.
At places like Gurgaon, Faridabad and other National Capital Region towns falling in Haryana, security was tightened and various check points were set up.
Security was also tightened at crowded public places, including the railway stations and important bus terminals, the officials said.
Meanwhile, Haryana Chief Minister, Bhupinder Singh Hooda, who is currently on a visit to Japan, has strongly condemned the blast.
In a message from Tokyo, the Chief Minister said, such cowardly acts should be condemned by all right thinking people.
He urged the people to exercise restraint and help the administration in effectively dealing with the nefarious designs of anti-social elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon