Delhi blast: Security beefed up across Pun, Har
Chandigarh: Security was strengthened across Punjab, Haryana and their joint capital Chandigarh, in the wake of the blast outside the Delhi High Court on Wednesday.
Vigil had been heightened and an alert sounded in the two states and Union Territory Chandigarh after the blast, officials said.
At places like Gurgaon, Faridabad and other National Capital Region towns falling in Haryana, security was tightened and various check points were set up.
Security was also tightened at crowded public places, including the railway stations and important bus terminals, the officials said.
Meanwhile, Haryana Chief Minister, Bhupinder Singh Hooda, who is currently on a visit to Japan, has strongly condemned the blast.
In a message from Tokyo, the Chief Minister said, such cowardly acts should be condemned by all right thinking people.
He urged the people to exercise restraint and help the administration in effectively dealing with the nefarious designs of anti-social elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda