Delhi blast: Security beefed up across Pun, Har
Chandigarh: Security was strengthened across Punjab, Haryana and their joint capital Chandigarh, in the wake of the blast outside the Delhi High Court on Wednesday.
Vigil had been heightened and an alert sounded in the two states and Union Territory Chandigarh after the blast, officials said.
At places like Gurgaon, Faridabad and other National Capital Region towns falling in Haryana, security was tightened and various check points were set up.
Security was also tightened at crowded public places, including the railway stations and important bus terminals, the officials said.
Meanwhile, Haryana Chief Minister, Bhupinder Singh Hooda, who is currently on a visit to Japan, has strongly condemned the blast.
In a message from Tokyo, the Chief Minister said, such cowardly acts should be condemned by all right thinking people.
He urged the people to exercise restraint and help the administration in effectively dealing with the nefarious designs of anti-social elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!