Delhi rape case: Protest, candle light march in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: People in large numbers along with volunteers of a city-based NGO staged a protest at Sukhna Lake here on Saturday evening demanding justice for the five-year-old girl, who was allegedly raped by a neighbour in Delhi.
The protestors demanded severe punishment for the accused.
Volunteers of NGO Awaaz and local residents raised slogans against the government for the heinous crime.
The protest was followed by a candle light march.
Protestors also offered prayed for the girl`s well being and long life.
The protesters slammed Gandhi Nagar police, which allegedly tried to hush up the matter by offering money to the parents of the victim to not pursue the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`