Delhi rape case: Protest, candle light march in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: People in large numbers along with volunteers of a city-based NGO staged a protest at Sukhna Lake here on Saturday evening demanding justice for the five-year-old girl, who was allegedly raped by a neighbour in Delhi.
The protestors demanded severe punishment for the accused.
Volunteers of NGO Awaaz and local residents raised slogans against the government for the heinous crime.
The protest was followed by a candle light march.
Protestors also offered prayed for the girl`s well being and long life.
The protesters slammed Gandhi Nagar police, which allegedly tried to hush up the matter by offering money to the parents of the victim to not pursue the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Nico Rosberg surprised to see teammate Lewis Hamilton finishing 3rd in Belgian GP
- See pic: Cassini captures delicate glow on Saturn's ring!
- Mamata urges people to oppose strike, government warns absentees of action
- India, Myanmar agree to increase bilateral cooperation
- Didn't recommend beef consumption, my tweet was to inspire athletes: BJP MP Udit Raj