Delhi rape case: Protest, candle light march in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: People in large numbers along with volunteers of a city-based NGO staged a protest at Sukhna Lake here on Saturday evening demanding justice for the five-year-old girl, who was allegedly raped by a neighbour in Delhi.
The protestors demanded severe punishment for the accused.
Volunteers of NGO Awaaz and local residents raised slogans against the government for the heinous crime.
The protest was followed by a candle light march.
Protestors also offered prayed for the girl`s well being and long life.
The protesters slammed Gandhi Nagar police, which allegedly tried to hush up the matter by offering money to the parents of the victim to not pursue the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed