Delhi rape case: Protest, candle light march in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: People in large numbers along with volunteers of a city-based NGO staged a protest at Sukhna Lake here on Saturday evening demanding justice for the five-year-old girl, who was allegedly raped by a neighbour in Delhi.
The protestors demanded severe punishment for the accused.
Volunteers of NGO Awaaz and local residents raised slogans against the government for the heinous crime.
The protest was followed by a candle light march.
Protestors also offered prayed for the girl`s well being and long life.
The protesters slammed Gandhi Nagar police, which allegedly tried to hush up the matter by offering money to the parents of the victim to not pursue the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Islamic State has Euro 2016 in its sights, German spy chief says
- Infosys names Anantha Radhakrishnan as new BPO head
- Lok Sabha Speaker should reconsider travelling in Jaguar: Congress
- Watch: After 67 years of concrete prison 'world's loneliest elephant' dies in Tokyo
- SunRisers Hyderabad enter maiden IPL final with four-wicket win over Gujarat Lions