Delhi resident arrested for acid attack on girl`s brother
Moga: A Delhi resident was arrested for allegedly throwing acid on a girl`s brother after her family resisted his marriage proposal, police said on Monday.
The teenager engineering diploma-holder resident of Delhi was yesterday nabbed after he allegedly threw acid on the girls` brother Surinder Pal Singh at the victim`s residence in Nathuwala West village here, they said.
The accused visited the girl`s house and asked her parents to marry her with him, threatening them that if they turned down his marriage proposal he would kill all the family members, police said.
The girl`s father Balwinder Singh said that it was very difficult for them to marry their daughter without knowing about his family following which the accused took out an acid bottle from his pocket and threw it on Surinder, they said.
The accused, while trying to flee, was over-powered by police personnel on Baghapurana Mudki road.
A case has been registered after recording the statements of both the girl and her father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars