Delhi resident arrested for acid attack on girl`s brother
Moga: A Delhi resident was arrested for allegedly throwing acid on a girl`s brother after her family resisted his marriage proposal, police said on Monday.
The teenager engineering diploma-holder resident of Delhi was yesterday nabbed after he allegedly threw acid on the girls` brother Surinder Pal Singh at the victim`s residence in Nathuwala West village here, they said.
The accused visited the girl`s house and asked her parents to marry her with him, threatening them that if they turned down his marriage proposal he would kill all the family members, police said.
The girl`s father Balwinder Singh said that it was very difficult for them to marry their daughter without knowing about his family following which the accused took out an acid bottle from his pocket and threw it on Surinder, they said.
The accused, while trying to flee, was over-powered by police personnel on Baghapurana Mudki road.
A case has been registered after recording the statements of both the girl and her father.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!