Delhi resident arrested for acid attack on girl`s brother
Moga: A Delhi resident was arrested for allegedly throwing acid on a girl`s brother after her family resisted his marriage proposal, police said on Monday.
The teenager engineering diploma-holder resident of Delhi was yesterday nabbed after he allegedly threw acid on the girls` brother Surinder Pal Singh at the victim`s residence in Nathuwala West village here, they said.
The accused visited the girl`s house and asked her parents to marry her with him, threatening them that if they turned down his marriage proposal he would kill all the family members, police said.
The girl`s father Balwinder Singh said that it was very difficult for them to marry their daughter without knowing about his family following which the accused took out an acid bottle from his pocket and threw it on Surinder, they said.
The accused, while trying to flee, was over-powered by police personnel on Baghapurana Mudki road.
A case has been registered after recording the statements of both the girl and her father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan