Delhi resident arrested for acid attack on girl`s brother
Moga: A Delhi resident was arrested for allegedly throwing acid on a girl`s brother after her family resisted his marriage proposal, police said on Monday.
The teenager engineering diploma-holder resident of Delhi was yesterday nabbed after he allegedly threw acid on the girls` brother Surinder Pal Singh at the victim`s residence in Nathuwala West village here, they said.
The accused visited the girl`s house and asked her parents to marry her with him, threatening them that if they turned down his marriage proposal he would kill all the family members, police said.
The girl`s father Balwinder Singh said that it was very difficult for them to marry their daughter without knowing about his family following which the accused took out an acid bottle from his pocket and threw it on Surinder, they said.
The accused, while trying to flee, was over-powered by police personnel on Baghapurana Mudki road.
A case has been registered after recording the statements of both the girl and her father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj