Demand for visa-free corridor to Kartarpur Sahib
Jalandhar (Punjab): An Akali Dal leader on Saturday reiterated party`s demand for opening of a visa-free corridor from Indian side to Gurudwara Kartarpur Sahib in Pakistan.
"Keeping in mind the sentiments of Sikhs, I demand that both the Indian and Pakistani governments declare the road to Kartarpur Sahib a visa-free corridor," SAD leader Kuldeep Singh Vadala said.
He said a large number of pilgrims cannot pay obeisance due to visa issues despite the shrine being just three kilometres from the international border.
Any relaxation in visa norms will be of big help for the pilgrims, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference