Demand for visa-free corridor to Kartarpur Sahib
Jalandhar (Punjab): An Akali Dal leader on Saturday reiterated party`s demand for opening of a visa-free corridor from Indian side to Gurudwara Kartarpur Sahib in Pakistan.
"Keeping in mind the sentiments of Sikhs, I demand that both the Indian and Pakistani governments declare the road to Kartarpur Sahib a visa-free corridor," SAD leader Kuldeep Singh Vadala said.
He said a large number of pilgrims cannot pay obeisance due to visa issues despite the shrine being just three kilometres from the international border.
Any relaxation in visa norms will be of big help for the pilgrims, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video