Demand for visa-free corridor to Kartarpur Sahib
Jalandhar (Punjab): An Akali Dal leader on Saturday reiterated party`s demand for opening of a visa-free corridor from Indian side to Gurudwara Kartarpur Sahib in Pakistan.
"Keeping in mind the sentiments of Sikhs, I demand that both the Indian and Pakistani governments declare the road to Kartarpur Sahib a visa-free corridor," SAD leader Kuldeep Singh Vadala said.
He said a large number of pilgrims cannot pay obeisance due to visa issues despite the shrine being just three kilometres from the international border.
Any relaxation in visa norms will be of big help for the pilgrims, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list