Dense fog disrupts life in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: A heavy blanket of fog in most parts of Punjab and Haryana today disrupted normal life adversely affecting air, rail and road traffic with the minimum temperature also plummeting by up to two degrees Celsius at several areas in the region.
Entire Haryana, Punjab and Chandigarh remained engulfed under heavy fog, the MeT office said here adding that the heavy fog would continue for the next 24 hours in view of no wind movement in the region.
However, the minimum temperature oscillated between one to four degrees Celsius above normal in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, the MeT ofice said.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Narnaul was the coldest place with a low of 4.5 degrees Celsius.
While Chandigarh settled at a low of 6.8 degrees Celsius, the minimum temperature at Hisar was eight degrees Celsius, one notch above normal.
Among other places, Patiala had a low of 8.3 degrees Celsius, four notches above normal, followed by 8.9 degrees Celsius at Karnal, one notch above normal, 9.1 degrees Celsius each at Ambala and Ludhiana, four notches above normal.
Amritsar settled at a low of nine degrees Celsius, which was four notches above normal.
Meanwhile, in the wake of dense fog air, rail and road traffic remained affected due to poor visibility, officials said.
Some trains criss-crossing the region are running hours behind schedule whereas flights from Chandigarh airport were either re-scheduled or cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!