Dense fog disrupts life in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: A heavy blanket of fog in most parts of Punjab and Haryana today disrupted normal life adversely affecting air, rail and road traffic with the minimum temperature also plummeting by up to two degrees Celsius at several areas in the region.
Entire Haryana, Punjab and Chandigarh remained engulfed under heavy fog, the MeT office said here adding that the heavy fog would continue for the next 24 hours in view of no wind movement in the region.
However, the minimum temperature oscillated between one to four degrees Celsius above normal in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, the MeT ofice said.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Narnaul was the coldest place with a low of 4.5 degrees Celsius.
While Chandigarh settled at a low of 6.8 degrees Celsius, the minimum temperature at Hisar was eight degrees Celsius, one notch above normal.
Among other places, Patiala had a low of 8.3 degrees Celsius, four notches above normal, followed by 8.9 degrees Celsius at Karnal, one notch above normal, 9.1 degrees Celsius each at Ambala and Ludhiana, four notches above normal.
Amritsar settled at a low of nine degrees Celsius, which was four notches above normal.
Meanwhile, in the wake of dense fog air, rail and road traffic remained affected due to poor visibility, officials said.
Some trains criss-crossing the region are running hours behind schedule whereas flights from Chandigarh airport were either re-scheduled or cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30