Dense fog throws normal life out of gear in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Dense fog threw normal life out of gear at several places in Punjab and Haryana while minimum temperatures witnessed a slight increase Thursday.
In Chandigarh, the common capital of the two states, where minimum temperature settled at 7.8 degrees Celsius, fog was heavy during night time, a MeT Department official here said today.
Visibility levels dropped below 50 m in the morning as thick fog enveloped Patiala, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Phagwara, Jalandhar, Bathinda, Hisar, Karnal, and Ambala among other places, the official said.
Fog disrupted normal schedule of trains. New Delhi-Kalka Shatabdi was delayed by close to 90 minutes while Amritsar-New Delhi and the Punjab Mail were also delayed due to fog.
Meanwhile, Ludhiana`s low temperature settled at 10.4 deg C while the minimum at Patiala was 10.8 deg C.
Amritsar registered a low of 8.6 degrees Celsius.
In Haryana, Hisar recorded a low of 11.2 deg deg C while Ambala`s minimum settled at 10.5 deg C. Karnal, Narnaul and Bhiwani recorded respective minimums of 11 deg C, 8.4 deg C and 10.7 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees