Dense fog throws normal life out of gear in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Dense fog threw normal life out of gear at several places in Punjab and Haryana while minimum temperatures witnessed a slight increase Thursday.
In Chandigarh, the common capital of the two states, where minimum temperature settled at 7.8 degrees Celsius, fog was heavy during night time, a MeT Department official here said today.
Visibility levels dropped below 50 m in the morning as thick fog enveloped Patiala, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Phagwara, Jalandhar, Bathinda, Hisar, Karnal, and Ambala among other places, the official said.
Fog disrupted normal schedule of trains. New Delhi-Kalka Shatabdi was delayed by close to 90 minutes while Amritsar-New Delhi and the Punjab Mail were also delayed due to fog.
Meanwhile, Ludhiana`s low temperature settled at 10.4 deg C while the minimum at Patiala was 10.8 deg C.
Amritsar registered a low of 8.6 degrees Celsius.
In Haryana, Hisar recorded a low of 11.2 deg deg C while Ambala`s minimum settled at 10.5 deg C. Karnal, Narnaul and Bhiwani recorded respective minimums of 11 deg C, 8.4 deg C and 10.7 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur