Dense fog throws normal life out of gear in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Dense fog threw normal life out of gear at several places in Punjab and Haryana while minimum temperatures witnessed a slight increase Thursday.
In Chandigarh, the common capital of the two states, where minimum temperature settled at 7.8 degrees Celsius, fog was heavy during night time, a MeT Department official here said today.
Visibility levels dropped below 50 m in the morning as thick fog enveloped Patiala, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Phagwara, Jalandhar, Bathinda, Hisar, Karnal, and Ambala among other places, the official said.
Fog disrupted normal schedule of trains. New Delhi-Kalka Shatabdi was delayed by close to 90 minutes while Amritsar-New Delhi and the Punjab Mail were also delayed due to fog.
Meanwhile, Ludhiana`s low temperature settled at 10.4 deg C while the minimum at Patiala was 10.8 deg C.
Amritsar registered a low of 8.6 degrees Celsius.
In Haryana, Hisar recorded a low of 11.2 deg deg C while Ambala`s minimum settled at 10.5 deg C. Karnal, Narnaul and Bhiwani recorded respective minimums of 11 deg C, 8.4 deg C and 10.7 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88