DEO serves notices to four leaders in Gurdaspur
Gurdaspur: Show cause notices were issued to four leaders, including Punjab Agriculture Minister Sucha Singh Langha and Aam Aadmi Party candidate Such Singh Chottepur, for allegedly violating model code of conduct in the district.
District Election Officer-cum-Deputy Commissioner Abhinav Trikha served show cause notices to Langha, Chottepur, who is AAP nominee from Gurdaspur Lok Sabha seat, former MLA Qadian assembly constituency and SAD leader Lakhbir Singh Lodhinangal and district convener BJP Intellectual cell Gandharav Singh Talotra.
The notices have been served to the political leaders on the recommendations of district certification and monitoring committee which observed that they had neither taken prior permission from the committee nor added the expenditure of the advertisement for publishing it in newspapers, an election office spokesman said here today.
The committee already informed the political parties to add the advertisement expenditure in the accounts of party and their respective candidates.
Further action would be taken after the submission of reply against their show cause notices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal