DEO serves notices to four leaders in Gurdaspur
Gurdaspur: Show cause notices were issued to four leaders, including Punjab Agriculture Minister Sucha Singh Langha and Aam Aadmi Party candidate Such Singh Chottepur, for allegedly violating model code of conduct in the district.
District Election Officer-cum-Deputy Commissioner Abhinav Trikha served show cause notices to Langha, Chottepur, who is AAP nominee from Gurdaspur Lok Sabha seat, former MLA Qadian assembly constituency and SAD leader Lakhbir Singh Lodhinangal and district convener BJP Intellectual cell Gandharav Singh Talotra.
The notices have been served to the political leaders on the recommendations of district certification and monitoring committee which observed that they had neither taken prior permission from the committee nor added the expenditure of the advertisement for publishing it in newspapers, an election office spokesman said here today.
The committee already informed the political parties to add the advertisement expenditure in the accounts of party and their respective candidates.
Further action would be taken after the submission of reply against their show cause notices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price