Dera chief an influential person: Counsel
Ambala: Arguments on a CBI plea seeking
cancellation of the bail of Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram
Rahim Singh, accused in three cases, will resume before a
special court here on Monday.
The arguments remained inconclusive today and Special
Judge CBI A S Narang fixed Monday for further hearing.
The CBI counsel argued before the court that the sect
chief was an influential person and could pressurise witnesses
if his bail was not cancelled.
The head of the Sirsa-based sect is an accused in two
murder cases. He is also an accused in a molestation case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145