Dera chief an influential person: Counsel
Ambala: Arguments on a CBI plea seeking
cancellation of the bail of Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram
Rahim Singh, accused in three cases, will resume before a
special court here on Monday.
The arguments remained inconclusive today and Special
Judge CBI A S Narang fixed Monday for further hearing.
The CBI counsel argued before the court that the sect
chief was an influential person and could pressurise witnesses
if his bail was not cancelled.
The head of the Sirsa-based sect is an accused in two
murder cases. He is also an accused in a molestation case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...