Dera chief an influential person: Counsel
Ambala: Arguments on a CBI plea seeking
cancellation of the bail of Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram
Rahim Singh, accused in three cases, will resume before a
special court here on Monday.
The arguments remained inconclusive today and Special
Judge CBI A S Narang fixed Monday for further hearing.
The CBI counsel argued before the court that the sect
chief was an influential person and could pressurise witnesses
if his bail was not cancelled.
The head of the Sirsa-based sect is an accused in two
murder cases. He is also an accused in a molestation case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?