Dera chief an influential person: Counsel
Ambala: Arguments on a CBI plea seeking
cancellation of the bail of Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram
Rahim Singh, accused in three cases, will resume before a
special court here on Monday.
The arguments remained inconclusive today and Special
Judge CBI A S Narang fixed Monday for further hearing.
The CBI counsel argued before the court that the sect
chief was an influential person and could pressurise witnesses
if his bail was not cancelled.
The head of the Sirsa-based sect is an accused in two
murder cases. He is also an accused in a molestation case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times