Dera chief FIR: Punjab cop moves court
Bathinda: Nearly five years after registration
of FIR against the chief of Dera Sacha Sauda Gurmeet Ram Rahim
Singh here, the district police on Saturday moved an application for
the cancellation of the FIR registered on a complaint of the
head of a religious outfit.
The Dera chief had been at loggerheads with the Sikh
clergy for alleged hurting the religious sentiments of Sikhs
by wearing the robe similar to the one worn by Sikh guru Sri
The district police produced an affidavit of Rajinder
Singh Sidhu, President of Khalsa Diwan Gurudwara Singh Sabha,
along with statements of a few persons requesting cancellation
of the FIR registered in the court of Chief Judicial
Magistrate Harjeet Singh.
The complainant had received the summons on February 1,
2012, but denied having given any affidavit seeking
cancellation of the FIR. He said he wanted the `challan` to be
produced before the court.
Sidhu alleged the police action seeking withdrawal of the
FIR was taken at the behest of the government which wanted the
Dera followers votes in favour of ruling party.
The CJM had placed the case for hearing on February 11,
According to the complaint submitted by Sidhu on May 13,
2007, to the Senior Superintendent of Police, publication of an
advertisement in some daily newspapers showing the Dera chief
wearing the dress of Sikh guru Sri Guru Gobind Singh and
imitating the guru in all acts.
It was done in order to hurt the religious feelings of
Sikhs," Sidhu had alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in