Dera Radha Soami Sect chief visits Golden Temple
Amritsar: The chief of Radha Soami sect Gurinder Singh Dhillon on Wednesday paid obeisance at the Golden Temple here.
Dhillon visited the shrine in the morning and took full round of the marbled periphery around the water pool before entering inside the sanctum sanctorum of the Golden Temple.
After paying obeisance, he was given a Siropa (robe of honour) by the priest sitting inside the sanctum sanctorum.
Paramdeep Singh Teja, former Superintendent of Punjab Police, who is currently attached as security officer of the Z plus protectee, was accompanying Dhillon.
No other security personnel were with Dhillon as his visit was kept low profile, sect sources said.
Dhillon spent nearly half an hour inside the Golden Temple, also listened to Kirtan (religious hymns) in the sanctum sanctorum.
He also partook `Parshad` while standing in the queue with other visiting devotees.
Dhillon has been given Z-plus security cover and last week his security was enhanced significantly when ADGP (Security) of Punjab Police, Dinker Gupta visited the Dera Radha Soami Beas town to review the security arrangements.
Dera Radha Soami also known as Dera Baba Jaimal Singh at Beas town, nearly 45 km away from the Amritsar, has a large number of followers across the country and other parts of the world and is currently headed by Dhillon.
In July 2010, an attempt to kill Dhillon was foiled well in time by the police in Vienna, Austria with the arrest of four persons carrying explosives with them.
After the incident, Dhillon`s security cover in India was enhanced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened