Dera yet to take a call on support in Punjab polls
Patiala: The political wing of Sirsa-based
Dera Sacha Sauda is yet to take a call on whom to support in
the January 30 Punjab assembly elections.
The Dera`s political wing, Sadh Sangat Rajneetik Wing,
has been maintaining that they are still getting feedback from
"Our seven-member committee will take a final call in
this matter and Guru ji (Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram
Rahim) has nothing to do with politics," Ram Singh, who is
associated with the political wing of the Dera, said.
He said they will announce their plan two to three days
before the polls.
The Dera wields considerable influence in some pockets of
Punjab, including Bathinda region where it has a sizable
number of followers.
"We have received the feedback from one section of our
followers that we should support a particular party. Some
followers have asked us to extend support on assembly segment
wise basis," he said.
The Dera had been at loggerheads with the Sikh clergy for
alleged insult to Sikh guru Govind Singh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma