Dera yet to take a call on support in Punjab polls
Patiala: The political wing of Sirsa-based
Dera Sacha Sauda is yet to take a call on whom to support in
the January 30 Punjab assembly elections.
The Dera`s political wing, Sadh Sangat Rajneetik Wing,
has been maintaining that they are still getting feedback from
"Our seven-member committee will take a final call in
this matter and Guru ji (Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram
Rahim) has nothing to do with politics," Ram Singh, who is
associated with the political wing of the Dera, said.
He said they will announce their plan two to three days
before the polls.
The Dera wields considerable influence in some pockets of
Punjab, including Bathinda region where it has a sizable
number of followers.
"We have received the feedback from one section of our
followers that we should support a particular party. Some
followers have asked us to extend support on assembly segment
wise basis," he said.
The Dera had been at loggerheads with the Sikh clergy for
alleged insult to Sikh guru Govind Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city