Dera yet to take a call on support in Punjab polls
Patiala: The political wing of Sirsa-based
Dera Sacha Sauda is yet to take a call on whom to support in
the January 30 Punjab assembly elections.
The Dera`s political wing, Sadh Sangat Rajneetik Wing,
has been maintaining that they are still getting feedback from
"Our seven-member committee will take a final call in
this matter and Guru ji (Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram
Rahim) has nothing to do with politics," Ram Singh, who is
associated with the political wing of the Dera, said.
He said they will announce their plan two to three days
before the polls.
The Dera wields considerable influence in some pockets of
Punjab, including Bathinda region where it has a sizable
number of followers.
"We have received the feedback from one section of our
followers that we should support a particular party. Some
followers have asked us to extend support on assembly segment
wise basis," he said.
The Dera had been at loggerheads with the Sikh clergy for
alleged insult to Sikh guru Govind Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Dreaded Maoist couple, three other ultras surrender in Odisha
- High-speed trains running on these five routes soon to be a reality
- Dalits are used as 'political weapon', says BSP chief Mayawati
- Russian athletics mess: Gloom and anger for athletes due to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- BSP workers hold protest, demand arrest of Dayashankar Singh