Dera yet to take a call on support in Punjab polls
Patiala: The political wing of Sirsa-based
Dera Sacha Sauda is yet to take a call on whom to support in
the January 30 Punjab assembly elections.
The Dera`s political wing, Sadh Sangat Rajneetik Wing,
has been maintaining that they are still getting feedback from
"Our seven-member committee will take a final call in
this matter and Guru ji (Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram
Rahim) has nothing to do with politics," Ram Singh, who is
associated with the political wing of the Dera, said.
He said they will announce their plan two to three days
before the polls.
The Dera wields considerable influence in some pockets of
Punjab, including Bathinda region where it has a sizable
number of followers.
"We have received the feedback from one section of our
followers that we should support a particular party. Some
followers have asked us to extend support on assembly segment
wise basis," he said.
The Dera had been at loggerheads with the Sikh clergy for
alleged insult to Sikh guru Govind Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you