Diesel price hike: Badal bashes UPA’s ‘anti-poor policy’
Chandigarh: Strongly condemning the hike in price of diesel by Re one per litre, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Friday said the UPA government was bent upon ruining the common people by resorting to such anti-poor policies.
In a joint statement, they demanded the immediate withdrawal of the hike to save the already burdened public.
They charged the Congress-led UPA with playing in the hands of the corporate lobby and extending largesse to them by frequently hiking the price of diesel much to the dismay of the common man.
Both the leaders said the Shiromani Akali Dal would take up the issue of frequent hike in price of diesel with the Centre to safeguard the interests of the farming community and the commonman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal