Diesel price hike: Badal bashes UPA’s ‘anti-poor policy’
Chandigarh: Strongly condemning the hike in price of diesel by Re one per litre, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Friday said the UPA government was bent upon ruining the common people by resorting to such anti-poor policies.
In a joint statement, they demanded the immediate withdrawal of the hike to save the already burdened public.
They charged the Congress-led UPA with playing in the hands of the corporate lobby and extending largesse to them by frequently hiking the price of diesel much to the dismay of the common man.
Both the leaders said the Shiromani Akali Dal would take up the issue of frequent hike in price of diesel with the Centre to safeguard the interests of the farming community and the commonman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown