Diesel price hike: Badal bashes UPA’s ‘anti-poor policy’
Chandigarh: Strongly condemning the hike in price of diesel by Re one per litre, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Friday said the UPA government was bent upon ruining the common people by resorting to such anti-poor policies.
In a joint statement, they demanded the immediate withdrawal of the hike to save the already burdened public.
They charged the Congress-led UPA with playing in the hands of the corporate lobby and extending largesse to them by frequently hiking the price of diesel much to the dismay of the common man.
Both the leaders said the Shiromani Akali Dal would take up the issue of frequent hike in price of diesel with the Centre to safeguard the interests of the farming community and the commonman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read