Discontinuation of flights a blow to Punjab economy: Badal
Dagru: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday alleged discontinuation of international flights from Amritsar and their diversion to Delhi was a deliberate attempt on part of the Union government to make the Indira Gandhi airport a profitable venture.
This reflected the step-motherly treatment meted out by the Central government to Punjab, he said on the sidelines of a function here in Moga district.
The Amritsar international airport was incurring heavy losses following discontinuation of flights to Toronto, he said.
"It is a deliberate attempt on part of the Centre to make the Indira Gandhi international airport in the national capital a profitable venture at the cost of Sri Guru Ram Dass international airport in Amritsar," Badal said.
The Amritsar airport had a tremendous potential for earning a huge revenue as the city was a tourist hub, he said.
"Lakhs of devotees from across the world visit the holy city to offers prayers at the Golden Temple shrine," Badal said.
"The sole aim behind all such gimmicks is to give a severe blow to the economy of the state which is not at all acceptable," the Chief Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India