Dismissed workers of Maruti condemn cane charging
Chandigarh: Sacked employees of Maruti Suzuki today condemned the cane charging of protesters by the police on Sunday in Kaithal.
The dismissed workers had planned to stage a protest demonstration yesterday in front of Haryana Industries Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala`s residence, demanding reinstatement in service.
"We adopted democratic and peaceful means demanding the release of arrested workers, withdrawal arrest warrants and reinstatement of permanent and contract workers, but the state government has only responded with force in collusion with the company management," said a release of the provisional working committee of Maruti Suzuki Workers` Union.
Police had yesterday used water cannons and cane charged protesting workers who had gathered in Kaithal as district administration had imposed prohibitory orders.
The protesters alleged that the police also used tear gas on them resulting to injuries and said, eleven workers and activists were arrested on fabricated charges.
The committee said, they had been holding peaceful dharna since March 24 this year and appealed to all trade unions and workers` and civil rights organisations to express solidarity with them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says