Doctor caught red-handed doing abortion during raid
Jalandhar: In a raid conducted by a team of health department officials, a female doctor was on Thursday caught red-handed for carrying out abortion in outskirts of the city here.
The team has also seized all records of the nursing home and sealed it.
"A team was constituted to scrutinise all ultrasound centres when it received information about one Manpreet nursing home located in the outskirts," civil surgeon in Jalandhar Dr R K Vassan said.
Upon investigation, it was learned that abortions were being carried out at the nursing home, he said.
The hospital has been sealed and legal help is being sought to take action against concerned doctors. However, a case has yet not been registered against hospital director Gurvinder Kaur, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands