Donate money, get institutes named after beloved
Chandigarh: To upgrade infrastructure in colleges and schools of Punjab, the state government has launched a unique initiatives under which anyone who donates a certain amount of money can get name of the educational institute after their close ones.
Under the new initiative, a primary school could be named after one`s close ones by donating Rs 10 lakh, a middle school by paying Rs 20 lakh and a senior secondary school by shelling out Rs 25 lakh.
For renaming a college, one will have to cough up Rs 75 lakh.
State Education Minister Sikander Singh Maluka said today that this decision has been taken after considering the requests of a number of NRIs, who want to get educational institutions named at their respective native places, parents or other dear ones and were willing to donate liberally for up-gradation of educational infrastructure.
The minister appealed the NRIs to come forward to play a proactive role in up-gradation of education infrastructure in the state and make Punjab a front-runner in the field of education in the country, an official release said here quoting him.
Earlier, Maluka today approved the naming of a government high school in Hardokhanpur village in Hoshiarpur as Rukmani Devi Government High School after liberal donation was made by a Toronto-based NRI for the school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read