Don`t believe in Dera politics: Manpreet
Patiala: Peoples Party of Punjab
President Manpreet Singh Badal on Wednesday said he did not believe
in Dera politics and would not seek their votes.
"I am sure they (Dera heads) do not believe in such
kind of politics and ask their followers to vote for
particular party," he told reporters here.
"I do not think so that Punjab should pursue such kind
of politics," he said.
Manpreet claimed that senior leaders of the ruling
Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) and main Opposition Congress were in
constant touch with him and would soon leave their respective
parties to join his fold.
"They are ready to join my party but on the condition
of getting tickets from their constituencies," he said.
He, however, clarified that he would not allot any
party ticket without proper verification and recommendation by
the concerned constituency people. "I have not yet assured any
such leader for nomination."
Asked about the organisational setup of his party,
Manpreet said it was a temporary setup and even he himself was
a "temporary president of the party."
"Out of the total 30 lakh membership forms
distributed, the PPP has enrolled 10 lakh members across the
state in the last 10 days," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi