Don`t believe in Dera politics: Manpreet
Patiala: Peoples Party of Punjab
President Manpreet Singh Badal on Wednesday said he did not believe
in Dera politics and would not seek their votes.
"I am sure they (Dera heads) do not believe in such
kind of politics and ask their followers to vote for
particular party," he told reporters here.
"I do not think so that Punjab should pursue such kind
of politics," he said.
Manpreet claimed that senior leaders of the ruling
Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) and main Opposition Congress were in
constant touch with him and would soon leave their respective
parties to join his fold.
"They are ready to join my party but on the condition
of getting tickets from their constituencies," he said.
He, however, clarified that he would not allot any
party ticket without proper verification and recommendation by
the concerned constituency people. "I have not yet assured any
such leader for nomination."
Asked about the organisational setup of his party,
Manpreet said it was a temporary setup and even he himself was
a "temporary president of the party."
"Out of the total 30 lakh membership forms
distributed, the PPP has enrolled 10 lakh members across the
state in the last 10 days," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Bulandshahr rape case: No CBI probe, says Supreme Court
- India's economy never been in stronger position than today: Parekh
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more