Don`t play politics in name of martyrs: Bajwa to Badal
Chandigarh: Strongly rebutting Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal`s statement that the Congress party didn`t observe martyr`s day, Punjab Congress chief Partap Singh Bajwa on Sunday advised him to desist from playing cheap politics in the name of martyrs.
Badal had ridiculed the Congress yesterday for not paying tribute to Bhagat Singh at his native village Khartar Kalan and said that the party was apathetic towards the contribution of freedom fighters.
Congress has a long history of making sacrifices for the nation and honouring the nation`s martyrs is fundamental duty of Congress leaders, Bajwa shot back asking Badal to set his records straight.
Stating that he, along with senior party leaders had visited Bhagat Singh`s memorial in Khatkar Kalan on March 23 itself, hours before Badal went there, Bajwa said he had chosen the day for taking over his new assignment, as it was martyrs` day.
Even after his return from Khatkar Kalan, he and other PPCC office bearers paid floral tributes to Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev at a function in Congress Bhawan, he said.
Badal`s words reflect his nervous mind, the PPCC resident said adding that the Chief Minister`s statement was uncalled for and out of context.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer