Don`t stop memorial work: Dal Khalsa
Amritsar: Radical Sikh organization Dal Khalsa on Saturday took exception to the Central government`s move to invoke the law prohibiting misuse of religious sites to stop construction work on a memorial being built inside the Golden Temple complex here.
Dal Khalsa chief HS Dhami and spokesman Kanwar Pal Singh said the Central government "should desist from adding fuel to fire".
The memorial, allowed to be built by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) following consistent pressure from Sikh radicals in the past 28 years, is being built to honour those killed in the Army`s Operation Bluestar in June 1984.
The memorial is being criticized by a number of people.
The Dal Khalsa leaders said that the central government should refrain from meddling in the internal affairs of the Sikh religion.
Punjab saw a bloody phase of terrorism between 1981 to 1992, leaving over 25,000 people dead.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!