Don`t stop memorial work: Dal Khalsa
Amritsar: Radical Sikh organization Dal Khalsa on Saturday took exception to the Central government`s move to invoke the law prohibiting misuse of religious sites to stop construction work on a memorial being built inside the Golden Temple complex here.
Dal Khalsa chief HS Dhami and spokesman Kanwar Pal Singh said the Central government "should desist from adding fuel to fire".
The memorial, allowed to be built by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) following consistent pressure from Sikh radicals in the past 28 years, is being built to honour those killed in the Army`s Operation Bluestar in June 1984.
The memorial is being criticized by a number of people.
The Dal Khalsa leaders said that the central government should refrain from meddling in the internal affairs of the Sikh religion.
Punjab saw a bloody phase of terrorism between 1981 to 1992, leaving over 25,000 people dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali