Don`t stop memorial work: Dal Khalsa
Amritsar: Radical Sikh organization Dal Khalsa on Saturday took exception to the Central government`s move to invoke the law prohibiting misuse of religious sites to stop construction work on a memorial being built inside the Golden Temple complex here.
Dal Khalsa chief HS Dhami and spokesman Kanwar Pal Singh said the Central government "should desist from adding fuel to fire".
The memorial, allowed to be built by the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) following consistent pressure from Sikh radicals in the past 28 years, is being built to honour those killed in the Army`s Operation Bluestar in June 1984.
The memorial is being criticized by a number of people.
The Dal Khalsa leaders said that the central government should refrain from meddling in the internal affairs of the Sikh religion.
Punjab saw a bloody phase of terrorism between 1981 to 1992, leaving over 25,000 people dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof