Dope test of Punjab politicians!
Chandigarh: Should politicians be put under the scanner of dope test? This query certainly carries a serious exclamation mark and a big "what" followed by a "why”. But this question seems pertinent in context of Punjab. The issue has been raised by the former Director General of Prisons, Shashikant.
Punjab, a state fighting the demon of drugs, has a massive anti-drug campaign in place. And given the seriousness of the problem, one more effort in this direction, would not have made headlines. But Shashikant`s exclusive interview with Zee Punjab Haryana Himachal channel has created ripples in the corridors of power and a furore amongst the politicians.
According to him politicians should undergo dope test, as there are an alarming number of politicians who are prey to drugs.
Government has been making all efforts to deal with the issue and in the process drug mafias, Raja Kandola and Jagdish Bhola, who are notorious names, were arrested.
In fighting this menace, Shashikant`s is concerned with the credibility of anti-drug campaigns run by the government, of which ministers are the integral part.
Thus, the former DG Prisons wants that the hair and urine sample of MLAs and MPs of Punjab government should be taken for the purpose of dope test. To take the matter further, he has decided to appeal to the High Court.
Reacting on the issue, Punjab Chief Minister, Prakash Singh Badal, denounced the allegations made by Shashikant and said that the state government is very serious in tackling the menace and is doing everything that it can.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account