DRI seizes heroin worth Rs 115 cr smuggled from Pakistan
Amritsar: Directorate of Revenue Intelligence today seized 23-kg heroin, worth Rs 115 crore in the international market, from a goods train that arrived from Pakistan and arrested a person in this connection.
The narcotics were found hidden inside cement bags which were transported into the country from Pakistan, sources said.
Since Friday evening, the DRI team watched the train parked at the Amritsar rail cargo terminal and made a move when one Puran Singh turned up today to retrieve the drugs from the cement bags, sources said.
Puran, a rail cargo porter, was arrested and 23 packets of heroin seized from the bogey of the goods train, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US Senators concerned over Chinese actions in East China Sea
- Blake Lively flaunts her baby bump, shows 'Expectation vs. Reality'
- Priyanka Chopra to sing LIVE at IIFA for the first time ever! – Details inside
- China Airlines workers on indefinite strike in Taiwan
- Pakistan shows its big heart, grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’