Drug menace in Punjab: Badal seeks views of Kiran Bedi
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Friday invited former police officer Kiran Bedi to put her views on tackling the problem of drug abuse and trafficking in the state for an early resolution of this malady.
In a letter to Bedi, the Chief Minister appreciated her concern for Punjab and her will and desire towards finding a solution to this grave problem.
Badal said that he was quite confident that his deliberations with her along with the officials of health department, police administration and other stakeholders would certainly pave a way for evolving a comprehensive strategy to effectively combat and eradicate the problem of drug addiction from the state.
The Chief Minister, as per an official release here, said that he was positive that her wide experience would come extremely handy in strengthening the current de-addiction drive launched by the state government.
Reiterating his commitment to stamp out the menace of drug abuse, Badal said that he had taken it as a personal challenge to make Punjab a drug free state in two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre