Drug menace in Punjab: Badal seeks views of Kiran Bedi
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Friday invited former police officer Kiran Bedi to put her views on tackling the problem of drug abuse and trafficking in the state for an early resolution of this malady.
In a letter to Bedi, the Chief Minister appreciated her concern for Punjab and her will and desire towards finding a solution to this grave problem.
Badal said that he was quite confident that his deliberations with her along with the officials of health department, police administration and other stakeholders would certainly pave a way for evolving a comprehensive strategy to effectively combat and eradicate the problem of drug addiction from the state.
The Chief Minister, as per an official release here, said that he was positive that her wide experience would come extremely handy in strengthening the current de-addiction drive launched by the state government.
Reiterating his commitment to stamp out the menace of drug abuse, Badal said that he had taken it as a personal challenge to make Punjab a drug free state in two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir