Drug menace in Punjab: Badal seeks views of Kiran Bedi
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Friday invited former police officer Kiran Bedi to put her views on tackling the problem of drug abuse and trafficking in the state for an early resolution of this malady.
In a letter to Bedi, the Chief Minister appreciated her concern for Punjab and her will and desire towards finding a solution to this grave problem.
Badal said that he was quite confident that his deliberations with her along with the officials of health department, police administration and other stakeholders would certainly pave a way for evolving a comprehensive strategy to effectively combat and eradicate the problem of drug addiction from the state.
The Chief Minister, as per an official release here, said that he was positive that her wide experience would come extremely handy in strengthening the current de-addiction drive launched by the state government.
Reiterating his commitment to stamp out the menace of drug abuse, Badal said that he had taken it as a personal challenge to make Punjab a drug free state in two years.
- Agusta Westland chopper deal: Turning approver is out of question, says Italian middleman Christian Michel
- Google Chrome overtakes Internet Explorer to be crowned top web browser
- Delhi petrol pump staff allegedly dupe a guy and then say - "Our boss knows Kejriwal personally"
- This Carat keeps your phone battery healthy!
- Growth falls to 15-year low in Sub-Saharan Africa: IMF