Drug worth Rs 50 crore smuggled from Pak seized
Amritsar: Border Security Force (BSF) seized ten kilogram heroin with street value of Rs 50 crore being allegedly smuggled from Pakistan to India through Pulmoran Sector.
During wee hours today BSF troops deployed in the area of Border Out Post Pulmoran Sector Amritsar observed suspicious movements of miscreants near Border Security Fence, a BSF official said.
The BSF troops challenged the miscreants but they did not pay any heed to their warning following which the troops opened fire which was retaliated by the miscreants.
However, they managed to escape taking advantage of darkness, the official said.
During search of the area, 10 packets (one kg each packet) of contraband (heroin) were recovered near Border Security Fence, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal