e-tendering in Punjab by May 31: Sukhbir
Chandigarh: The Punjab Government will adopt
e-tendering in all departments by May 31 to ensure
transparency in tender allotment, Deputy Chief Minister
Sukhbir Singh Badal said today.
After a meeting with departments heads to discuss the
recommendations of Governance Reforms Commission, he said it
was also decided to explore e-stamping in all property
transactions to do away with stamp papers, an official release
He also asked Chief Secretary S C Agrawal to issue
directions to every department, board and corporation to adopt
e-tendering for every tender to be floated after May 31.
The system would give equal opportunity to every
prospective bidder and ensure transparency, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!