e-tendering in Punjab by May 31: Sukhbir
Chandigarh: The Punjab Government will adopt
e-tendering in all departments by May 31 to ensure
transparency in tender allotment, Deputy Chief Minister
Sukhbir Singh Badal said today.
After a meeting with departments heads to discuss the
recommendations of Governance Reforms Commission, he said it
was also decided to explore e-stamping in all property
transactions to do away with stamp papers, an official release
He also asked Chief Secretary S C Agrawal to issue
directions to every department, board and corporation to adopt
e-tendering for every tender to be floated after May 31.
The system would give equal opportunity to every
prospective bidder and ensure transparency, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam