Economic reforms against common man`s interest: Badal
Ludhiana: Lashing out at the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Suday said the economic reforms unfurled by it were against the interest of the common man.
"Economic reforms do not mean that common man should be crushed," he told a SAD political conference at Chhapar Mela, some 40-km from here.
"The common man has been totally neglected by the UPA government at the Centre," he said.
"The UPA government is pursuing anti-people policies. Economic reforms introduced by it are against the interest of the common man," the SAD patriarch said.
Economic reforms initiated in other countries had safeguarded the interest of the poor and the common man, he said.
Badal said the SAD was an inseparable part of the NDA and there should be no confusion about it.
Badal predicted more UPA constituents would walk out of the alliance like Mamata Banerjee-led TMC before the next Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends