Economic reforms against common man`s interest: Badal
Ludhiana: Lashing out at the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Suday said the economic reforms unfurled by it were against the interest of the common man.
"Economic reforms do not mean that common man should be crushed," he told a SAD political conference at Chhapar Mela, some 40-km from here.
"The common man has been totally neglected by the UPA government at the Centre," he said.
"The UPA government is pursuing anti-people policies. Economic reforms introduced by it are against the interest of the common man," the SAD patriarch said.
Economic reforms initiated in other countries had safeguarded the interest of the poor and the common man, he said.
Badal said the SAD was an inseparable part of the NDA and there should be no confusion about it.
Badal predicted more UPA constituents would walk out of the alliance like Mamata Banerjee-led TMC before the next Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'