Economic reforms against common man`s interest: Badal
Ludhiana: Lashing out at the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Suday said the economic reforms unfurled by it were against the interest of the common man.
"Economic reforms do not mean that common man should be crushed," he told a SAD political conference at Chhapar Mela, some 40-km from here.
"The common man has been totally neglected by the UPA government at the Centre," he said.
"The UPA government is pursuing anti-people policies. Economic reforms introduced by it are against the interest of the common man," the SAD patriarch said.
Economic reforms initiated in other countries had safeguarded the interest of the poor and the common man, he said.
Badal said the SAD was an inseparable part of the NDA and there should be no confusion about it.
Badal predicted more UPA constituents would walk out of the alliance like Mamata Banerjee-led TMC before the next Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!