Eid celebrated across Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Muslims across Punjab and Haryana on Friday celebrated Eid-ul-Fitr marking the culmination of holy fasting month of Ramzan, by offering prayers in mosques, and visiting friends and relatives.
The occasion was observed with fervour and grace across the two states including Gurdaspur, Ludhiana, Malerkotla, Ambala, Panipat, Mewat and Gurgaon.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal greeted the people from the community, saying that "the festival symbolises brotherhood, compassion and also reflects the true spirit of our composite culture."
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal and Punjab Congress chief Pratap Singh Bajwa also greeted the people of Punjab, especially the Muslim brethren on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation