Eid celebrated across Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Muslims across Punjab and Haryana on Friday celebrated Eid-ul-Fitr marking the culmination of holy fasting month of Ramzan, by offering prayers in mosques, and visiting friends and relatives.
The occasion was observed with fervour and grace across the two states including Gurdaspur, Ludhiana, Malerkotla, Ambala, Panipat, Mewat and Gurgaon.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal greeted the people from the community, saying that "the festival symbolises brotherhood, compassion and also reflects the true spirit of our composite culture."
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal and Punjab Congress chief Pratap Singh Bajwa also greeted the people of Punjab, especially the Muslim brethren on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack