Electrocution death: Cleanchit to PGI doctor
Chandigarh: After a week of a 55-year-old
patient dying of electrocution, the PGIMER inquiry committee
on Tuesday gave a cleanchit to a doctor who was trying to
resuscitate the patient, officials said.
Ghinder Singh, a resident of Doraha in Ludhiana
district, was burnt alive on a stretcher when doctors were
trying to revive him by giving shocks on June 27.
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and
Research (PGIMER) inquiry committee, which was set up a day
after Singh was killed, submitted its report to the Director
terming it as "rarest of rare and most unfortunate", officials
The four-member committee also recommended the institute
to develop a protocol for taking permission of patients or
relatives before giving them electric shocks as after the
incident the patient`s family accused doctors of being
careless, they said.
The victim was admitted to PGIMER a month ago and had
been operated for a liver disorder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets