Eleven NRI police stations set up in Punjab
Chandigarh: The Punjab Government has established 11 NRI Police Stations for speedy redressal of complaints involving Non-Resident Indians.
The state government has issued a notification according to which all police districts comes under the jurisdiction of these 11 NRI police stations.
Disclosing this here on Sunday, Inspector General of Police and Head NRI Police Wing Punjab, Gurpreet Kaur Deo, said that earlier in 2008 government has set up 6 NRI police stations and now keeping in view the demand of people this number has been increased to 11.
The government has set up an independent Police wing which has been strengthened with more powers to solve NRI`s cases, IGP said.
These police stations would directly function under the NRI Police Wing, she added.
She assured that justice would be provided to the each complainant in a time bound manner.
The wing is connected online with all the state`s police stations and Head Office and the cases are closely monitored by the DIG/AIG Rank officers, the IGP said.
The complainant would also have the access to see the status of his file online from time to time, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Euro 2016: Despite another failure, Spain reluctant to change 'tiki-taka' style of play
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final