Engineering student found dead in hostel room
Mohali: A third year engineering student was on Monday found dead under suspicious circumstances in a hostel room in the city here.
21-year-old Gursewak Singh, a resident of Patiala district, was found dead this morning by his friends, police said.
"Gursewak`s friends have told the police that they found his body in the morning in his friend`s room, where he was preparing for his exams," said Nika Ram, in-charge of Ghruan police chowki.
No suicide note was found from the room and Gursewak`s relatives have also not raised any suspicion, but police have registered a case under 174 of the CrPC, the police officer said.
According to Gursewak`s father, Karamjeet Singh, who is head constable in Punjab Police, Gursewak was good in his studies and they have no suspicion on anyone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Michel Platini at sports court for Sepp Blatter appeal
- LIVE streaming: Krishna Janmashtami 2016 celebrations straight from ISKON Delhi – Watch here
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh
- OP Jaisha-AFI row: Marathon runner said no to personalised refreshment, clarifies coach Nikolai Snesarev
- Turkish troops to stay until Syrian army regains control