Engineering student found dead in hostel room
Mohali: A third year engineering student was on Monday found dead under suspicious circumstances in a hostel room in the city here.
21-year-old Gursewak Singh, a resident of Patiala district, was found dead this morning by his friends, police said.
"Gursewak`s friends have told the police that they found his body in the morning in his friend`s room, where he was preparing for his exams," said Nika Ram, in-charge of Ghruan police chowki.
No suicide note was found from the room and Gursewak`s relatives have also not raised any suspicion, but police have registered a case under 174 of the CrPC, the police officer said.
According to Gursewak`s father, Karamjeet Singh, who is head constable in Punjab Police, Gursewak was good in his studies and they have no suspicion on anyone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Watch how you can keep your bookshelves neat and clean!
- Five health benefits of cashew nuts you didn't know about!
- Do you know how many ultra-high networth individuals India has? Make a guess
- Watch: When lightening struck iconic Empire State building in USA
- Human super predator more terrifying than bears, wolves