Engineering student found dead in hostel room
Mohali: A third year engineering student was on Monday found dead under suspicious circumstances in a hostel room in the city here.
21-year-old Gursewak Singh, a resident of Patiala district, was found dead this morning by his friends, police said.
"Gursewak`s friends have told the police that they found his body in the morning in his friend`s room, where he was preparing for his exams," said Nika Ram, in-charge of Ghruan police chowki.
No suicide note was found from the room and Gursewak`s relatives have also not raised any suspicion, but police have registered a case under 174 of the CrPC, the police officer said.
According to Gursewak`s father, Karamjeet Singh, who is head constable in Punjab Police, Gursewak was good in his studies and they have no suspicion on anyone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming