Engineering student found dead in hostel room
Mohali: A third year engineering student was on Monday found dead under suspicious circumstances in a hostel room in the city here.
21-year-old Gursewak Singh, a resident of Patiala district, was found dead this morning by his friends, police said.
"Gursewak`s friends have told the police that they found his body in the morning in his friend`s room, where he was preparing for his exams," said Nika Ram, in-charge of Ghruan police chowki.
No suicide note was found from the room and Gursewak`s relatives have also not raised any suspicion, but police have registered a case under 174 of the CrPC, the police officer said.
According to Gursewak`s father, Karamjeet Singh, who is head constable in Punjab Police, Gursewak was good in his studies and they have no suspicion on anyone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre