Engineering student found dead in hostel room
Mohali: A third year engineering student was on Monday found dead under suspicious circumstances in a hostel room in the city here.
21-year-old Gursewak Singh, a resident of Patiala district, was found dead this morning by his friends, police said.
"Gursewak`s friends have told the police that they found his body in the morning in his friend`s room, where he was preparing for his exams," said Nika Ram, in-charge of Ghruan police chowki.
No suicide note was found from the room and Gursewak`s relatives have also not raised any suspicion, but police have registered a case under 174 of the CrPC, the police officer said.
According to Gursewak`s father, Karamjeet Singh, who is head constable in Punjab Police, Gursewak was good in his studies and they have no suspicion on anyone.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living