Ex-armyman sentenced to 14 years for spying
Faridkot: A local court here has
convicted and sentenced five persons, including an ex-army
personnel, to 14 years jail term each for spying.
Naib Singh, Randhir Singh, Baldev Singh, Sukhdev Singh
and ex-army man Manjinder Singh were handed down the sentence
by the Court of Additional Sessions Judge, Ramesh Kumari here
The trial of the case started in March 2000 and the
convicts were charged with supplying secret and strategic
information of the Indian army to Pakistani agencies.
Manjinder Singh was dismissed from the service in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- SBI to raise up to Rs 11,000 crore via debt securities
- India A skipper Manish Pandey fined for showing dissent after dismissal
- Dahi Handi festival: SC refuses to lift restrictions on height of human pyramid, calls it 'risky'
- Tiger Shroff wants to do clean, noble characters
- Divorce rates lowest among Hindus; more prevalent in Muslims, reveals latest Census data | Know details