Executive engineer arrested for taking bribe from
Ambala: An executive engineer of Haryana irrigation department was on Wednesday arrested for allegedly taking bribe of Rs 40,000 from a contractor for clearing his bills.
Contractor Balbir Singh of Naraingarh had filed a complaint with the vigilance Bureau against executive engineer RK Gupta alleging that he demanded Rs 40,000 from him for passing the balance payment of his bill.
A VB team raided the office and caught the engineer red-handed while he was taking the bribe, a VB official said.
However, Gupta refuted the charges claiming that no payment of the contractor was due with the department.
Gupta said the contractor has made false charges against him as he had imposed penalty on him.
The contractor was awarded the contract of Rs 25 lakh for constructing a stone bund on the bank of a river at Naraingarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside