Executive engineer arrested for taking bribe from
Ambala: An executive engineer of Haryana irrigation department was on Wednesday arrested for allegedly taking bribe of Rs 40,000 from a contractor for clearing his bills.
Contractor Balbir Singh of Naraingarh had filed a complaint with the vigilance Bureau against executive engineer RK Gupta alleging that he demanded Rs 40,000 from him for passing the balance payment of his bill.
A VB team raided the office and caught the engineer red-handed while he was taking the bribe, a VB official said.
However, Gupta refuted the charges claiming that no payment of the contractor was due with the department.
Gupta said the contractor has made false charges against him as he had imposed penalty on him.
The contractor was awarded the contract of Rs 25 lakh for constructing a stone bund on the bank of a river at Naraingarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region