Executive engineer arrested for taking bribe from
Ambala: An executive engineer of Haryana irrigation department was on Wednesday arrested for allegedly taking bribe of Rs 40,000 from a contractor for clearing his bills.
Contractor Balbir Singh of Naraingarh had filed a complaint with the vigilance Bureau against executive engineer RK Gupta alleging that he demanded Rs 40,000 from him for passing the balance payment of his bill.
A VB team raided the office and caught the engineer red-handed while he was taking the bribe, a VB official said.
However, Gupta refuted the charges claiming that no payment of the contractor was due with the department.
Gupta said the contractor has made false charges against him as he had imposed penalty on him.
The contractor was awarded the contract of Rs 25 lakh for constructing a stone bund on the bank of a river at Naraingarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police