Executive engineer arrested for taking bribe from
Ambala: An executive engineer of Haryana irrigation department was on Wednesday arrested for allegedly taking bribe of Rs 40,000 from a contractor for clearing his bills.
Contractor Balbir Singh of Naraingarh had filed a complaint with the vigilance Bureau against executive engineer RK Gupta alleging that he demanded Rs 40,000 from him for passing the balance payment of his bill.
A VB team raided the office and caught the engineer red-handed while he was taking the bribe, a VB official said.
However, Gupta refuted the charges claiming that no payment of the contractor was due with the department.
Gupta said the contractor has made false charges against him as he had imposed penalty on him.
The contractor was awarded the contract of Rs 25 lakh for constructing a stone bund on the bank of a river at Naraingarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM