Extremist groups trying to revive militancy in Punjab: Govt
New Delhi: Government Tuesday said that Sikh militant groups especially those based abroad are trying to revive militancy in Punjab and a close watch is being maintained on their activities.
"Available reports suggest that Sikh militant groups especially those based abroad continue to persist with their efforts to revive militancy in Punjab," Minister of State for
Home Ajay Maken said a written reply to a query in Lok Sabha.
As part of steps taken by the government to counter such attempts, he said a close watch is maintained on the activities of many groups known to have been engaged in trying
to foment terrorist activities in Punjab.
Other measures include sustained vigilance along the borders, strengthening of mechanisms for intelligence gathering and sharing, besides modernisation and upgradation of police and security forces with advanced and sophisticated
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees