Family of murdered Congress leader warn stir outside CM`s house
Amritsar: The family of murdered Congress block president Sukhraj Singh Bhagupur on Saturday threatened to stage stir outside the official residence of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal at Chandigarh if the key accused in the case was not arrested soon.
Manjinder Kaur, widow of Sukhraj, said the family members along with the Congress leaders were running from pillar to post for the last one month to get the key accused Sarwan Singh, an alleged Akali activist, arrested, but all in vain.
The family has threatened to stage a stir outside the Chief Minister`s residence next week if their demand was not accepted.
The alleged that the accused was enjoying backing of a senior Akali leader.
The entire family is under grave threat since key accused is roaming freely and police is reluctant to arrest him, Kaur said.
Kaur told reporters here that they had met senior police officials, who despite assurance are yet to take any step in this regard.
Patti Congress Block President of Sukhraj was shot dead on May 9 soon after he had filed his nomination papers for the Block Samiti elections.
Sukhraj was shot dead from point blank range when he was coming out from the Gurdwara at Patti in neighbouring Tarn Taran district along with his family members, who were eyewitness to the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'