Family relieved: Beant`s grandson
Chandigarh: Gurkirat Singh Kotli, grandson
of assassinated Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh, on Wednesday said
the Union government`s decision to stay the hanging of Balwant Singh Rajoana was in the interest of peace and harmony in the
"The hard-earned peace cannot be frittered away. Any
step in the interest of peace and harmony in the state will
always be supported by us," he said.
Kotli, a Congress MLA from Khanna, said the family felt
relieved and satisfied over the decision.
The step would go a long way in establishing peace in
the state, he said.
The hanging of the Babbar Khalsa terrorist, assassin of
Beant Singh, was stayed by the Central government following a
mercy petition by the SGPC to President Pratibha Patil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site