Faridkot abduction: Parents seek CBI probe
Faridkot: Parents of a minor girl, allegedly kidnapped at gunpoint and later rescued in Goa, have sought a CBI probe into the entire episode besides custody of their daughter who was sent to shelter home by the court.
The 15-year-old girl, who was abducted from here on September 24 and taken to Goa by her alleged kidnapper Nishan Singh, was rescued by police earlier this week.
While the girl was sent to Nari Niketan in Jalandhar by a court here last Monday after she refused to undergo medical exam, the parents, who went to meet her yesterday, expressed desire that their daughter be handed over to them.
They also criticised the authorities for projecting the case as one of elopement, and said that it was "improper" on part of them to project the case in such a manner.
Girl`s father also alleged that they were not given enough time to meet their daughter.
"A police official came and took my wife to meet my daughter. When she saw her mother she wept and said nothing. After a brief meeting of just about a minute, the police official asked my wife to leave the place," he said.
He claimed their daughter has been kept under a "highly guarded room" where a "close vigil" is always maintained on her activities.
The 15-year-old girl was allegedly abducted at gunpoint by Nishan Singh, already facing 18 different criminal cases, from her house in public view on September 24.
Police have so far arrested 15 of the total 17 identified accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!