Faridkot abduction: Parents seek CBI probe
Faridkot: Parents of a minor girl, allegedly kidnapped at gunpoint and later rescued in Goa, have sought a CBI probe into the entire episode besides custody of their daughter who was sent to shelter home by the court.
The 15-year-old girl, who was abducted from here on September 24 and taken to Goa by her alleged kidnapper Nishan Singh, was rescued by police earlier this week.
While the girl was sent to Nari Niketan in Jalandhar by a court here last Monday after she refused to undergo medical exam, the parents, who went to meet her yesterday, expressed desire that their daughter be handed over to them.
They also criticised the authorities for projecting the case as one of elopement, and said that it was "improper" on part of them to project the case in such a manner.
Girl`s father also alleged that they were not given enough time to meet their daughter.
"A police official came and took my wife to meet my daughter. When she saw her mother she wept and said nothing. After a brief meeting of just about a minute, the police official asked my wife to leave the place," he said.
He claimed their daughter has been kept under a "highly guarded room" where a "close vigil" is always maintained on her activities.
The 15-year-old girl was allegedly abducted at gunpoint by Nishan Singh, already facing 18 different criminal cases, from her house in public view on September 24.
Police have so far arrested 15 of the total 17 identified accused in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened